Water Softeners & Conditioners
Technology: Ion- Exchange
The water softener consists of high exchange capacity strongly acidic – sodium form resin. The cation resin is used to exchange sodium ions for the scale forming calcium and magnesium, and thus produce soft water, the ion exchanger is regenerated with a sodium chloride solution when the bed is exhausted.
Aquoion Softeners are available in a wide range of self-contained packages confi gured in single, double, and multiple unit systems to remove calcium and magnesium from your water. Aquoion Softeners are used for municipal, institutional, and industrial water softenin gapplications. Single unit is rated for flows up to 50000 litslhr. For larger flow rates, contact Aquoion to determine whether larger or multiple units would be appropriate. Both options are available with Aquoion.
Aquoion Softeners are economical and efficient and can be equipped for manual, semi-automatic, or fully-automatic operation. Regardless of the configuration, only limited technical expertise is required for operation. Aquoion Softeners can be integrated into a complete water treatment system without expensive custom field engineering and programming.
Why use an Industrial Water Softener?
Calcium and Magnesium are hard scale forming minerals that build up on piping, heat exchangers, water heaters, boilers, and any steam equipment. This build-up results in costly repairs and increased energy consumption.
The following facilities are examples of ideal applications of water softening equipment:
• Beverage Plants • Municipal Water Plants • Boiler Feed water • Hospitals • Laundries • Manufacturing Plants • Food Processing Plants • Institutions • Hotels • Residential Buildings
- Charged with high exchange capacity cation sodium form ion exchange resin.
- Set of frontal pipe line with Multi Port Valve I multiple valves & fittings.
- MS inside FRP lined FRP pressure vessel complete with internal distributors and collection system.
- Hardness test kit to find hardness in feed as well as treated water.
- Ability to withstand corrosive environments.
- Reliable, Low restriction valves for easy operation & maintenance.
- Non-clogging distributors allow operation over wide flow rate range and for even proper distribution.
- Standard designs reduce cost and delivery time
- Simple operation reduces operator training requirements.
Salt Free Water Conditioners
A recent development, Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC) has produced the first effective chemical free scale prevention method. The TAC technology, converts hard minerals into harmless, inactive microscopic crystals.
Tested and Proven:
When tested by an independent laboratory against the ‘International Protocol for Scale Prevention’, This product achieved a 99.6% effectiveness rating the only technology to do so and far more effective than any other alternative water softener. Proven in over 6 years of successful use in homes and Industrial applications. It has proved to be successful over the past 6 years in home and industrial applications.
A traditional(Ion Exchange with Salt) Water Softener effectively removes >99% of hardness from water supply and periodically regenerates the softening media consuming both water and salt,and also adds some salt to the water. These units are the most effective at reducing hardness spotting and scale buildup on externalsurfaces such as glass and tile,while also effectively protecting plumbing and appliances from internalscale buildup.
A Salt-Free Water Softener I Water Conditioner leaves the calcium hardness in water but turns the Calcium into tiny little calcium crystals that remain suspended in water and hence the water does not create a “hard plate” onto everything it touches. In water pipes, appliances, and water heaters these tiny crystals are carried through the pipes by moving water. They no longer want to attach to surfaces.On a surface left to dry such as a shower door, instead of plating the surface with a hard scale which is very difficult to remove, the crystals will dry to become a white powder which can be easily brushed away with a damp cloth.